Sunday, August 12, 2012

My daily Breakfast Nr 8, Champorado


Today I got a special treat. It is another Filipino Breakfast called Champorado. It is sticky rice cooked with a little sugar and cocoa powder. It is not really sweet, except you add some more sugar at the end

This was really special and I love the start, my fiancee used a really good cocoa powder from Barry Callebaut and it made the Champorado nice and dark and tasty, just as it should be

Then at the end she served it with a bit of milk on top, I added still a bit more sugar, so it was actually like a soft rice porridge with chocolate. It is a great breakfast as it is nice and filling and holds me easily through to the afternoon, when I usually have my lunch

The most important item on this dish is that you have a good sticky rice, then everything else is easy. The sticky rice makes everything a bit like a porridge. If the rice is still a bit al dente...that is how I like it, just with this gentle bite to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment